Medway sub-aqua club
Our Club and its History
Club Membership Benifits
Meet the Committee
Adopted Wreck - SS Pomerania
Medway Sub Aqua Club
Branch Welfare Officer
Role and Responsibilities
The Club Safeguarding Officer has the main responsibility for promoting an environment for
safe access to an enjoyment of the sport and at the same time managing child and vulnerable
adult protection issues within a BSAC Club. The role and responsibilities of the Club
Safeguarding Officer are detailed below. Specific responsibilities in relation to allegations
against members are detailed later in this policy.
The Club Safeguarding Officer will:
- Implement and promote the BSAC Safeguarding Policy and procedures and be aware of main
BSAC contact details and who to report any issues to.
- Regularly report to the Club Committee on compliance, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Keep up to date on national welfare issues and provide information and advice to Club members on the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote good practice and support of procedures to protect children and vulnerable
adults within the Club including ensuring members are fully aware of any polices.
- Attend training on the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Identify any training needs for Club members and where appropriate organise such
Training, and monitor and review the Safeguarding Policy and Procedures for their Club:.